Welcome to our School Council Page.
We are the voice of all the children at St Paul's. We listen to their views and ideas and share them all in our half termly meetings.
Our school council has a boy and girl representing their fellow pupils from Year 1 to Year 6. Each councillor is elected by their class at the beginning of the school year after a short presentation. We hold the position for one year.
What have we done so far?
So far this year we have:
- discussed and explained the Golden Rules with our classes. These rules set out how we behave in school.
- Set a competition to design new golden rule posters. Lots of children entered and we had a lot of fun judging. These posters are now displayed in every classroom.
- We have shared our views and our peers views on what we like and how we could improve our school.
- We discussed the new willow structure and decided which engraving will be put on the benches.
- We were also were given the very important job of writing and asking questions at the interviews for our new Deputy Headteacher where we also discussed our school life with the school governors.
We are really enjoying our position and are looking forward to further challenges.