St Paul's Catholic Primary School Curriculum
Statement of Intent
At St Paul’s Catholic Primary School, we understand the importance of a well-rounded, fulfilling curriculum to prepare our pupils for the next stage of education, and for their future as citizens of the UK. This document describes how we deliver our curriculum at each phase and each subject, including personal, social, health and economic education.
- To ensure that everything we do is underpinned by our mission statement – ‘Living our Faith by Word and Deed.
- To provide a worshipping community that holds and celebrates Christ as the centre of its faith and life.
- To recognise that every child matters and to put into place the practice in all aspects of our work that ensures that all children are given equality of opportunity and treated fairly.
- To promote and achieve high standards for all by providing teaching and learning of the highest quality so that each child reaches their full potential.
- To treat children as individuals and to differentiate teaching and learning to take account of their individual needs.
- To provide opportunities for children to develop their physical, mental, social, spiritual, moral and cultural needs.
- To help and encourage children to progress academically and socially through a broad and balanced education in a safe, secure and stimulating environment.
- To make learning fun using links between subjects whenever possible.
- To enliven and enrich the curriculum by visits, visitors, and extensive use of the environment.
- To promote the highest standards of behaviour where children are encouraged to be responsible for their own actions.
- To equip children with attitudes, skills and knowledge to learn independently.
- To continually strengthen relations between children, staff, parents, governors, the parish and the whole school community to foster the aims of the school.
- To provide a welcoming, friendly and happy place where learners feel safe and secure.
- To make St Paul’s a place of enjoyment where success is celebrated.