Year 3 2021 - 2022
Please find below some information about Year 3 and also a brief curriculum overview for this half term.
Our topic this term is Tribal Tales. We will be learning about changes in Britain from the Stone Age to the Iron Age, including what people ate, where they lived and how they farmed. For more information about your child’s learning this term please visit the curriculum information http://www.st-pauls-hyde.tameside.sch.uk/page/year-3/19406
This term we will focus on place value, addition and subtraction and multiplication and division, including:
- numbers to 1000.
- column addition and subtraction including exchanging
- using knowledge of times tables to divide numbers and multiplying 2 digit by 1 digit numbers.
- 3, 4, 6 and 8. Please continue to practice these using Times Table Rockstars website using your individual log in https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student/32118
There will be daily guided reading sessions to develop comprehension skills.
Please continue to support your child's reading development by listening to them read their home reading book and sign their reading record.
To achieve expected you need to be able to:
- express time, place and cause using;
- conjunctions (e.g. when, before, after, while, so, because)
- adverbs (e.g. then, next, soon, therefore)
- prepositions (e.g. before, after, during, in, because, of)
- begin to understand subordinate clauses
- use a range of punctuation accurately and effectively - full stops, question marks, exclamation marks, commas in lists, apostrophe for contraction, apostrophe for singular possession and inverted commas for direct speech
- use the present perfect form of verbs instead of the simple past
- use a varied and rich vocabulary
PE days are Monday and Thursday.
A gentle reminder that we are a healthy school, so please remember a healthy snack at break time. Please feel free to bring a water bottle to have in class to keep hydrated!
During the normal school week, if you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to speak to us at the end of the day, email or telephone. If you require a more indepth conversation, please make an appointment.
Miss Wainwright and Mrs Beswick
Files to Download
Year 3: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 3: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 3: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 3: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display