Working Together Council
The Working Together Council is represented by a girl and boy from each class who meet with Mrs Higginbottom and Ms Quinn when a new project arises.
We are currently working towards our International Schools Status by linking and sharing projects and letters with different countries. In the past we established a link with Kuth Awendo Primary School in Kenya. We have continued international projects with GD Salwan Public School in New Delhi, India. More recently we held a Geography day at St. Paul's where the children worked together in mixed year groups throughout the day learning about India and the country's culture in all different curriculum areas. In March 2014 Year 2 made contact with Lochpilhead Joint Campus in Scotland which linked with their Katie Morag theme. The children have exchanged letters and we are currently working on a giant postcard from Hyde to our new link school.
The Working Together Council also aims to make children aware of charitable projects and encourage all members of the school community to help those in need. This year the Working Together Council have raised over £1500 by:
- Dressing in pyjamas for Children in Need.
- Wearing jeans to support Jeans for Genes.
- Taking part in the Macmillan giant Coffee Morning serving cakes and refreshments to the local community and the children and staff of St. Paul's.
- Participating in the CAFOD Build a Brighter Future for African children.
- Encouraging the Key Stage 2 children to enter the CAFOD Find Your Free-trade Feet by designing a sock in collaboration with Sock Shop.
- Participating in the 'Love in a Box' Operation Christmas Child appeal.
- Holding the biannual ‘St Paul’s has got Talent’ contest in aid of Bishop Mark's chosen charity Together in Gambia.