Year 3 2019 - 2020
Welcome to Year Three!
The teachers this year are Miss Wainwright and Miss Bullock.
Place value: numbers to 1000.
Addition and subtraction: column addition and subtraction including carrying and borrowing.
Multipication and division: using knowledge of times tables to divide numbers, using grid method for multiplying 2 digit by 1 digit numbers.
Fractions: finding unit and non unit fractions of amounts, adding and subtracting fractions.
Times tables to learn: 3, 4, 6 and 8. Please continue to practice these using Times Table Rockstars website using your individual log in https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student/32118
We will continue with daily guided reading sessions to develop comprehension skills.
Please continue to support your child's reading development by listening to them read their home reading book and sign their reading record.
To achieve expected you need to be able to:
- express time, place and cause using;
- conjunctions (e.g. when, before, after, while, so, because)
- adverbs (e.g. then, next, soon, therefore)
- prepositions (e.g. before, after, during, in, because, of)
- begin to understand subordinate clauses
- use a range of punctuation accurately and effectively - full stops, question marks, exclamation marks, commas in lists, apostrophe for contraction, apostrophe for singular possession and inverted commas for direct speech
- use the present perfect form of verbs instead of the simple past
- use a varied and rich vocabulary
In Autumn term our topic is Mighty Metals focussing on Magnets and Forces in Science, All Around the World in Geography and reading lots of great texts to support this, including The Iron Man.
PE days are Tuesday and Thursday.
A gentle reminder that we are a healthy school so please remember a healthy snack at break time. Please feel free to bring a water bottle to have in class to keep hydrated!
If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to speak to us at the start or end of the day or telephone or make an appointment for longer conversations.
We look forward to working with you and your child this year,
Miss Wainwright and Miss Bullock.
Files to Download
Year 3 : News items
There are no News items to display
Year 3 : Gallery items
Year 3 : Calendar items
Christmas Sing with St Paul’s Choir – all welcome at 2.30pm, by Mrs Clowrey
Full Governing Body Meeting, by Mrs Clowrey
SSP Girls Football Competition, by Mrs Clowrey