Year 3 2019 - 2020
Welcome to Year Three!
The teachers this year are Miss Wainwright and Miss Bullock.
Place value: numbers to 1000.
Addition and subtraction: column addition and subtraction including exchanging
Multipication and division: using knowledge of times tables to divide numbers and multiplying 2 digit by 1 digit numbers.
Fractions: finding unit and non unit fractions of amounts, adding and subtracting fractions.
Times tables to learn: 3, 4, 6 and 8. Please continue to practice these using Times Table Rockstars website using your individual log in https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student/32118
We will continue with daily guided reading sessions to develop comprehension skills.
Please continue to support your child's reading development by listening to them read their home reading book and sign their reading record.
To achieve expected you need to be able to:
- express time, place and cause using;
- conjunctions (e.g. when, before, after, while, so, because)
- adverbs (e.g. then, next, soon, therefore)
- prepositions (e.g. before, after, during, in, because, of)
- begin to understand subordinate clauses
- use a range of punctuation accurately and effectively - full stops, question marks, exclamation marks, commas in lists, apostrophe for contraction, apostrophe for singular possession and inverted commas for direct speech
- use the present perfect form of verbs instead of the simple past
- use a varied and rich vocabulary
Our Spring topic is The Savage Stone Age, in history we will be learning about changes in Britain from the Stone Age to the Iron Age. In Science we will be learning about Rocks. Our Religion topic is Called to Change.
PE days are Tuesday and Thursday.
A gentle reminder that we are a healthy school so please remember a healthy snack at break time. Please feel free to bring a water bottle to have in class to keep hydrated!
If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to speak to us at the start or end of the day or telephone or make an appointment for longer conversations.
We look forward to working with you and your child this year,
Miss Wainwright and Miss Bullock.
Files to Download
Year 3 : News items
There are no News items to display
Year 3 : Gallery items
Year 3 : Calendar items
Year 3 Retreat Day at the Marist Centre, by Mrs Clowrey
Family Workshop for Year 3 children and their Parents at 6pm, by Mrs Clowrey
TCCSA Cone-it competition, by Mrs Clowrey